CD Drive problem

fatcat6499

Beta member
Yeah Im trying to install some old school games on my new computer one of them was a game I played when I was a child called "Richard Scarrys How Things work in Busytown" and Delta Force 2 but when I instert the cd. and it doesnt do auto play I go to my computer... Then I do the exe but it a warning message shows up saying: "16 Bit Ms-Dos SUbsystem D:\Install.EXE C:\Progra~1\Symntec\S32EVNT1.DLL. An Installable Virtual Device Driver failed Dll Initalization. Chose "Close" to terminate the application." and it allows you to chose from Ignore and Close. What do I do and how can I get it to install the old school games

Are you using Windows XP? If so, then that is your problem. Older games meant for DOS and Windows 95 or before have only a 90% success rate on Windows XP. There are even some programs that work on Windows 98 and ME that do not run on Windows XP. That rate is a little higher about 99%.

I read this during the release of XP, thinking I would have to replace all of my software. XP tries to work DOS games and programs but things have changed and it's time to move on. Bury these poor old programs or you can find yourself a VERY cheap 486 to run these with DOS. :p

I can't successfully run my copy of "the 7th guest" on XP. So it is now a drink coaster.

Back
Top Bottom