Case Wires And Motherboard Help

alexpattison

Baseband Member
Will i be able to connect my case wires up to my motherboard without my motherboard manuals and does any one have any tips of how to connect them without making mistakes

Do u mean those wires which are for like start, reset etc?
If so then it's best to do it with a manual, if u don't have one then u just have to gues. With the guessing method it could take some time to get all of them in the right places.

a lot of mobos have what the pins are for writen next to them, you have to have good eyes though. and a lot of the wires have what they do writen on them. but if this is not the case for you, you can usualy google for a pdf of your mother board layout.
woz

alexpattison said:
you can usualy google for a pdf of your mother board layout.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THIS!

type the full name of ur mobo and then the word manual to google. And put " around it.

Like this:

"(mobo full name) manual"

and u should find a pdf document (download adobe reader to read them if u can't)

and no, trying the guessing method doesn't do any damage, it just takes time.

In that manual u should find a picture which tells which wire goes where.

Hmmm.... an HP motherboard. Yeah, you probably won't be able to find a manual on that since it's part of a prebuilt computer. Pretty much your only option then is trial and error. You should be okay doing it, but sticking wires where they don't go is usually not good, so it's a risk. It's still unlikely that you would damage anything from guessing with those pins. Good luck!

EDIT> I'm assuming you've already removed the wires from the old case, but if not, you can just mark the pins as you remove the old wires.

yeah, it's really hard to find a manual for the mobos of prebuilt computers since the manufacturer usually doesn't upload them to their page.
But u could look for the manual of the whole computer, though I don't know if it will show anything about the mobo and the case wires.

Back
Top Bottom