Case temp and Cpu temp question

oray777

Baseband Member
Okay guys i got some more questions. You guys are really good at answering my questions and i appreciate your response. At the moment i am having conflicting temperature readings when running 2 different programs for checking cpu temps. When running Sisoft Sandra i'm getting a cpu temp at around 76 C degrees. When runnning Motherboard monitor 5 i'm getting a cpu temp of 40 C degrees and also a Case temp of 76 C degrees which is the same as the cpu temp in Sisoft Sandra. Can someone help me out here and help me fix this. thanks.

If your CPU is running at 76 then something is very wrong. Your motherboard should auto turn off at that temperature so it is probably MM5 that is right.

oray777 said:
Okay guys i got some more questions. You guys are really good at answering my questions and i appreciate your response. At the moment i am having conflicting temperature readings when running 2 different programs for checking cpu temps. When running Sisoft Sandra i'm getting a cpu temp at around 76 C degrees. When runnning Motherboard monitor 5 i'm getting a cpu temp of 40 C degrees and also a Case temp of 76 C degrees which is the same as the cpu temp in Sisoft Sandra. Can someone help me out here and help me fix this. thanks.

Sisoft Sandra has a nack of being wrong. You cant really trust its temp readings. It once said i had temps of well over 200 degree's which is impossible as most things in the case (and probably including the case) would have melted.

Go with the reading from Motherboard Monitor
:)

Yeah i was thinking that Sandra wasn't quite accurate with the temps. Do you know if their is a a way to adjust the temperature sensors so they will read accurately? Does 40 C degrees at idle sound like a normal operating temp with stock fan and heatsink that came with my processors?

oray777 said:
Yeah i was thinking that Sandra wasn't quite accurate with the temps. Do you know if their is a a way to adjust the temperature sensors so they will read accurately? Does 40 C degrees at idle sound like a normal operating temp with stock fan and heatsink that came with my processors?

Not sure about ajusting the sensors, but 40 degree's sounds bout right, though mine at idle is about 20 with stock fan and heatsink. Much higher and i would say there is a problem, but 40 sounds ok.

Just a question, is your comp in a well ventilated area, and about 15-20 cm's from a wall, back of desk e.t.c. as this is how far its meant to be :)

wow thats pretty cool for idle temp. How did you get it so low. I managed to get my idle temps down to 30 C degrees now and thats on air cool. I was using the wrong software to monitor my motherboard so i'm okay now. I got the software from my motherboards website. Thanks.

oray777 said:
wow thats pretty cool for idle temp. How did you get it so low. I managed to get my idle temps down to 30 C degrees now and thats on air cool. I was using the wrong software to monitor my motherboard so i'm okay now. I got the software from my motherboards website. Thanks.

I aint done anything to it, ive still got the stock heatsink and fans in, and its right by a wall, thats just the temp i get. Pretty good i would say :)

Under load i get temps of around 35 degree's.

I was pretty please when I first saw the temp. In my old comp, i was getting temps of well over 60 degree's under load and over 45 at idle :(

Back
Top Bottom