Case Fan Question!!!

atidreamer

Beta member
Is it possible to add a fan or two to my case? I'm running a Compaq S5100nx. It has been running hot recently and I have thought of putting more fans in it. It has a mini fan on the Motherboard and a regular sized one on the power supply box. I wanted to find out if I could before I go spend $25 on fans.

atidreamer said:
Is it possible to add a fan or two to my case? I'm running a Compaq S5100nx. It has been running hot recently and I have thought of putting more fans in it. It has a mini fan on the Motherboard and a regular sized one on the power supply box. I wanted to find out if I could before I go spend $25 on fans.

Usually there are a few slots to put a couple of fans on the cash, usually one under where the drives are and i think one somewhere near the motherboard on the bac k(where all the conections are, USB ports e.t.c.)

Open up your case and you should be able to see them :)

And its not hard to add fans, just can be tricky sometimes :)

Hope this helps

atidreamer said:

Just cut a hole in the case with a Saw, preferably new and sharp or it'll take ages and put it in! Its what I do all the time when an old Motherboard doesn't fit with an old case I'm putting it into!

Lord Kalthorn said:
Just cut a hole in the case with a Saw, preferably new and sharp or it'll take ages and put it in! Its what I do all the time when an old Motherboard doesn't fit with an old case I'm putting it into!

Only need to do that if there are no fan places on the case, though it is quite fun attacking a case with a saw :D

atidreamer said:
======
Well if you got stuck with a mini tower than get a midi,4 bay tower.
But that means a lot of work.
Other sollutions,
Get fans for any bays available,probably none.
Change to ide "round cables"
What temp is it ? 90 F is OK.
;)
Did you ever get stuck in a closet when it was 90 F in the liveing room ?

Back
Top Bottom