Can't understand SuperMicro Beep Code??

swldstn

Beta member
I moved a SuperMicro X6DAE-G2 Motherboard from one case to another and now I get this beep tone that is 1-1-1-1-..... forever. This is not in any reference I can't find in in any of the SuperMicro BIOS beep codes. It's a ServerBIOS and heres the funny part. The system works find, boots into Ubuntu 7.10 Server just as it did before. All memory checks work fine and the graphics are OK as well so what's causing this problem? Couldn't find and system alarms in the BIOS to disable either. The CPU appears to be working at 20-22 deg.

I did have to reinstall the processor heatsink to move the motherboard. Could the temp sensor be lying and the CPU thermal sensor causing the problem?

Any help appreciated. Steve:(
-------------------------------------
SuperMicro X6DAE-G2 with single Nocona 2.8 GHz Xeon with 4 GB ECC RAM, nVidia 5300 PCI-e x16. Chenbro case with SATA backplane.

Usually a constant repeated beeping like that means a keyboard problem. Check for any stuck keys, turn your keyboard upside down and shake it to get any dust out of it, and if you have it available, also use a can of that air duster. Better yet, if you can, try a different keyboard. One that you know is good.

Not sure what else it could be, but I'm sure its your keyboard.

Back
Top Bottom