cant remove spyware

gbar

Beta member
Hi! I have a problem with my computer, i have a lot of pop up windows of publicity when i connect to internet,UI think i have spyware but I've tried to scan my PC with Adaware, Spybot and Norton Antivirus but anything helps I keep getting these annoying windows, what can I do to get rid of them?

what is your operating system? you could find the actual files causing your computer to act this way. Then try to delete them. If you can't delete them reboot your computer in safe mode and then try deleting them

Run A HJT log, just google for it, then download it. Do not do anything yet. Find a HJT forum (Not this one) and post it there. I can give you some. Just PM me :)

Mr. F said:
Run A HJT log, just google for it, then download it. Do not do anything yet. Find a HJT forum (Not this one) and post it there. I can give you some. Just PM me :)

lololol I doubt he knows what an HJT log is, and if he does, that's a good sign!

What did you download?

Ahh yes, what browser you using, and do you have AIM? I rember my friend had a virus and the virus sent me a message saying, "Hey check this cool game out!", so I clicked the link, downloaded the setupd, and ran it, only to have it completely infest my machine with pop-ups, ect, so I had to reformat.

Thanks everybody for the help!

My browser is Internet Explorer (latest version) asd my internet is a cable connection of 128 kbps.
My OS is Micrososoft Windows XP Professional Edition.
I have MSN instant messenger but i doubt this was the problem, i think all started whe i downloaded a sofware called GrindEQ Math Utilities.

About HJT is it the same as HijackThis? I've heard of it before but never tried it, I will do it in the evening because I'm busy ATM.

Thanks!
gbar

Back
Top Bottom