Can't get into HDD

Zanity

Solid State Member
so i just reinstalled xp.
and now i can't get into my HDD's.
everytime i try it says "windows cannot find 'RECYCLERS/S-4-7-(tons of numbers here).com'. Please make sure you have typed the name correctly, and then try again."
got all drivers installed and such.
don't know what to do.
any advice?

oh, but i can access them from another computer wireless-ly.
not sure if that helps or not.

try right clicking on our recycle bin
select properties.
now select not to use any space on the drives and check the box that says to not move files to the recycle bin when deleted, press apply.

then make sure that you can access the drive, (as it should hopefully have deleted the recycler folder, then enable the recycle bin again, (assuming that you even use it at all). if you never use it, and only delete things that you want to delete you could leave the recycle bin disabled altogether.

try right clicking on our recycle bin
select properties.
now select not to use any space on the drives and check the box that says to not move files to the recycle bin when deleted, press apply.

then make sure that you can access the drive, (as it should hopefully have deleted the recycler folder, then enable the recycle bin again, (assuming that you even use it at all). if you never use it, and only delete things that you want to delete you could leave the recycle bin disabled altogether.

changed nothing.

tried reinstalling xp, fixed nothing.
was able to use device manager to fix my slave HDD.
but still have the same problem with my other hard drive.
any help?

upon restarting xp i get this

"An exception occurred while trying to run "C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll, NvStartup"

not sure if thats affecting whats wrong.

haha, so...
i set up my unaccessable HDD to be shared and such.
it shows up on my pc as a shared folder.
so i can't access it directly but i can access it remotely?
crazy computer.

are you talking about your OS HDD? or your back up HDD?

I would reconnect the cables and maybe reinstall windows after that if it still doesnt work. Oh yeah, when you reinstall windows, make sure you select Full Reformat.

are you talking about your OS HDD? or your back up HDD?

I would reconnect the cables and maybe reinstall windows after that if it still doesnt work. Oh yeah, when you reinstall windows, make sure you select Full Reformat.

its the backup.
i've done all that already.
i think i'm just gonna have to move my files and format it.
got any space i can borrow?

I only have about 40GB, but i can make more space if needed, since my laptop and desktop shares about 60GB worth of stuff

now that i think about it i may not need the space.
just got music, pictures, and programs.
the rest i can get from you.

Back
Top Bottom