Cant detect second monitor

Glendor

Solid State Member
I recently re installed windows on my computer. After doing so my second monitor is not being recognized and the only thing that I can do is have it Display the exact same screen as my primary monitor.

I have been told that it might be something in the motherboard BIOS but I have no idea how to fix that. Can anyone help out with this. I will give all of the information that I can if you need it.

Nothing to set in BIOS -- this is set-up in Windows. So, you had the same two monitors before when it was working? Same vidcard(s)? Same cables?

Yes everything was exactly the same. I had my main monitor with a DVI to the graphics card and the other with a VGA to the motherboard.

Sorry, never done that method. Perhaps some other member can jump in and help out. Ah, maybe there's a setting in the BIOS to turn on the on-board VGA.

EDIT: to help us help you, give us your system specs, use my sig as an example. Or brand and model if not custom built.

Last edited:
Doesn't apply to your situation. Was using a single vidcard with dual DVI output. Please list your specs so others and I can help you figure this out.

You ended up helping me inadvertently. I figured that you put both monitors on one card so I found a vga-dvi connector and now it works. I am sorry. Your posts did give me the idea though. I just don't know why it was working the other way before. Whatever I have it solved.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom