can't connect to the internet

brandog1

Solid State Member
my xp internet isn't working on my computer I have a router that me and my family share on differen't computers but I can't seem to hook up to it? Im not really sure on how to do this so any help is greatly appreciated. its a netgear router if that helps any.

Have you installed all the drivers for the router? and internet drivers?

umm there is no router or internet drivers, theres ethernet drivers though.

make sure you have your router setup as a DHCP server.

is it wireless or wired?

if you go into My Network Places, and then on the side it says set up a home network, click on that and go though the steps, it asks you how you will be connecting to the internet with images of different types of connections

to connect to the network is simply a driver issue. once you have the ethernet or wireless driver installed its simply a case of plugging the cable in or typing in the wireless key.

if that doesnt work it means theres a problem with your network usually: dhcp, mac filtering, etc. it could also mean youve messed about in the home networking wizard. i chose the wrong connection once and i had no internet

umm there is no router or internet drivers, theres ethernet drivers though.

make sure you have your router setup as a DHCP server.

actually there usually is a cd that comes w/ routers to install on your computer, i suggest do it. And yes there are internet drivers to install or at least I have to so i can use my cat5 slot on my motherboard called ETHERNET DRIVERS

Back
Top Bottom