Cannot access the internet thrrough laptop.

When you go to IE perform the following:

1) From the menu (top-left corner) choose Tools --> Internet Options
2) Make sure that the General Tab is selected
3) Under Browsing History heading click Delete...
4) Delete All your cookies and temporary Internet files
5) Select the Connections Tab
6) Make sure that Never Dial a Connection radio-button is ticked (if its not - tick it
7) click OK
8) report if this helped :)

Good Luck with trying

ok...now Im having a completly different issue all together and im about to throw this *insert cuss word here* computer out my *insert cuss word here* window.

I have never had this problem untill today. I turned on my computer today and usually it connects straight no chaser to the internet. I dont have to insert password or anything. Today it just stared at me and refused to connect to the internet via wirelessly. I plugged in an ethernet cable and it was as slow as dialup but was able to get online. After I followed everyones advice here.

maybe because your wireless is off, not the switch, your actual wireless.

Because I have mine off all the time until I need to actually go online.

what's the issue?

I cannot access the internet at all through my laptop only by eternet.

maybe because your wireless is off, not the switch, your actual wireless.
Because I have mine off all the time until I need to actually go online.
Well thats the thing, there should be no reason why it is turned off. I havent done anything to my computer other then the above listed.

If you haven't already, I would recommend checking to make sure your wireless isn't turned off on your computer. Microsoft is really screwy that way in that it sometimes seems to randomly reset all of your settings.

I assume you're running antivirus and stuff like that right. You might try a scan although I'm pretty much a noob too and don't really know if a virus could block your connection.

Just a real quick question though, does your roommate use Vista too or does he have a different operating system?

If you haven't already, I would recommend checking to make sure your wireless isn't turned off on your computer. Microsoft is really screwy that way in that it sometimes seems to randomly reset all of your settings.

I assume you're running antivirus and stuff like that right. You might try a scan although I'm pretty much a noob too and don't really know if a virus could block your connection.

Just a real quick question though, does your roommate use Vista too or does he have a different operating system?
Roomate uses Vista as well. I run Norton as my antivirus but if its a virus/whatever then you woul think that after I reformatted my harddrive it would wipe clean and work. However it hasnt.

I'd bet real money you could get on with no problems until you installed that game.
I seriously doubt its the game thats giving me trouble I think its a hardware issue.

it is still under warranty. *update* I spoke with Dell Support, and under msconfig we disabled all and now Im able to access the internet however I cant do anything else online (i.e. game, etc)

Back
Top Bottom