Can you please help me pick out a new desktop PC

femund

Beta member
I would appreciate the advice on where to buy and what to buy.

Here is everything about my current desktop computer.

Ms. Windows 7 32-bilt

Intel Pentium D CPU 2.80 GHz

1.5 GB ram

Nividia GeForce GT 220

The mother board is over well must be 8 to 10 years old seriously.

The computer is very noisy and loud

I have updated the graphic card quite a while ago.

The computer as of right now does everything I want it to do. I play a high graphic demand game like World of Warcraft just fine on low settings.

Can you recommend a Desktop PC that will be even better then what I have now that won't cost a fortune?

Seems like any computer I buy today will probably be better.

I am willing to spend $500.00 - $700.00 If I can spend less that is great! I just enter contests and play warcraft. I don't need anything too fancy I hope this can give me a decent computer

Perhaps I'm just sounding like an old fart, but if it can do everything you want it to then why the upgrade? Sure you could spend that and get a system radically better than the one you have, but alternatively you could wait until it *doesn't* do what you need it to and then upgrade with the same money to a better setup in the future.

If you're dead set on upgrading now, I'm actually doing the same thing next month and for around that budget (just over actually) going for an i5 2500k, blu-ray drive, 32GB RAM, 128GB Crucial M4, Antec 300 case, and this motherboard.

Bear in mind though that that setup is pretty tailored to me - you won't need anywhere near 32GB of RAM, you probably won't use the blu-ray drive and you may or may not want to cut the SSD out for a normal hard drive.

Back
Top Bottom