Can someone please tell me what kind of monitor damage this is?

Lac3y

Daemon Poster
It's a Dell U2410. Very expensive so I'm pretty bummed about this. When I turn on my monitor in the morning everything is fine. It looks like this:

P270611_1005_01.jpg

But after a few hours a weird "stain" or "scratch" appears that is really annoying. It's inside the monitor as the surface is smooth and I tried cleaning it off:

P020711_0234.jpg

A closer look:

P020711_0227.jpg

Any idea what it is?

It kind of looks like you have some sort of moisture intrusion between the LCD panel and the backlight.

It kind of looks like you have some sort of moisture intrusion between the LCD panel and the backlight.

Thanks for replying. Is that bad? Can it be fixed? I find it weird that it only shows up after a few hours and goes away when I turn the monitor off for a few hours.

That is strange... obviously, the heat generated by the backlight over time compounds the problem.

To tell you the truth I am not sure if it can be fixed or how. I have disassembled those types of panels before but never attempted to reassemble one. If the unit is under warranty, then I'd recommend obtaining an RMA for it.

Otherwise, you might try a television repair shop...

Back
Top Bottom