Can somebody help me????

vauxmad_kev

Solid State Member
Hi all, I was havin a lot of problems with our Dell Dimension 3000. It was poping up problems from the minute it would start up. It eventually got so bad that I decided to re-install Windows XP. Now, its all installed but there are a few devices that I don't seem to have the drivers for. I did go on the Dell support website but got a bit lost.

I'm just wondering if someone might be able to shed some light on this for me or be able to tell me exactly what I need. I know a little bit but not a lot (obviously!)

The devices that need drivers are:

Ethernet Controller
Multimedia Audio Controller
Scan
Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

Im lost, confused and ready to resort to either getting rid of it and getting another lap top or giving it to a professional shop to fix, which will probablly cost a lot.

Thanks in advance.

muz379 said:
ok heres the dell support page at the dell website , http://support.dell.com/support/dow...=en&s=dhs&SystemID=DIM_CEL_3000&os=WW1&osl=EN
also dont you have a restore disk of some kind to reset the computer to its origonal configuration , that should include drivers

it may have a recovery partition on the hd in which case this will contain all the drivers

I have the XP install disk, a disk about the monitor (no drivers on that or anything) a disk with drivers for the printer (done) a disk for installing Sonic RecordNow (done) and a disk for installing the modem (done)

I went to the Dell Support site and went to downloads and drivers, but when I don't really know what I need to download or which exact component I have. By the way, I'm on the Dell site and this one on my laptop. Can't get on the net from the desktop.

Am I defeated?

Ok.... I have PC Wizard on the desktop now.... how do I use it to help me out? There are a lot of confusing things in there!! I know I knnow.....Im an amateur :rolleyes:

Did the PC not come with the drivers? Once you know what componants you have you should be able to just pull them up from the dell site straight away!

If you enter your Service Tag # on the Dell support site it will give you all the drivers for your system.

Back
Top Bottom