Can i use my laptop with my tower?

Derek1

Baseband Member
I have a laptop and a desktop and what i want to do for a lan party is rather than haul my desktop around is to use my laptops monitor with my tower, so theres the plug in the back of my laptop for the monitor but would it work if i got a cable to plug my laptop to the tower, or does this kind of cable exsist??

Any feedback, please....Thanks

i dont think so cuz both the analog outputs on the desktop and the laptop are both female ends, correct me if i am wrong, but i think they are both outputs, therefore i dont think it would work

Nope, not unless you have some sort of capture card which the quality would be rather crappy. Now if you want to spend some money and rip apart your laptop, I have seen converters for LCD montors so you can use a laptop monitor on a standard VGA connection.

need the ol' laptop still

ive taking my computer apart before and man is it a pain!!! there are so many screws and when i put it back together i had left over screws!! plus i use my laptop to do all my electronic research and designs for my classes, so it has its purposes.

thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom