Can i upgrade the graphics card on a prebuilt computer?

poptarts

Solid State Member
its probly a dumb question but i have never upgraded anything but the whole computer itself, so i dont know how everything works.. but i have the m7590n.. the specs are here
and from the case the specific graphics card is nvida 7300LE.
but to my question in the title.. is it built-in or could i replace it? i have vista ultimate and a 22inch widescreen.. im thinking of upgrading to the the 8800 GT OC, or the 8800GTS . is this something i could do, would i benifit from it?
this seems like a rambling post to me, so if you need any other info just ask, but thanks in advanced if anyone can help me

yea you can upgrade, these are the expansion options:

Expansion
PCI Slots 3
PCI Express Slots 1
Open PCI Express X16 Slots 0
Open Slots 0
External Drive Bays 2
Open External Drive Bays 0
Internal Drive Bays 1
Open Internal Drive Bays 0

so looks like you need a pci or pci express card. just make sure the card will work with your mobo

yea you can upgrade, these are the expansion options:

Expansion
PCI Slots 3
PCI Express Slots 1
Open PCI Express X16 Slots 0
Open Slots 0
External Drive Bays 2
Open External Drive Bays 0
Internal Drive Bays 1
Open Internal Drive Bays 0

so looks like you need a pci or pci express card. just make sure the card will work with your mobo

does that mean he has 1 but its no available or he just doesnt have 1 ?

well n e ways if he dont have a PCI E X16 slot then he cant upgrade to anyhting amazing like the 8800's being mentioned

Basics
CPU 3.2-GHz Pentium D 940
System Memory 2048
Video & Display
Graphics Board Type PCI Express
Graphics Board RAM (MB) 256
Graphics Board RAM Type DDR3
Monitor Model HP vs17e
Monitor Type LCD
Monitor Size 17

hes got pcix16

Going by the link he posted, it does have one PCIe slot, but it is being used by the 7300LE video card.

So yes, you can upgrade the video card to something like the 8800GT. But you will also need to upgrade the power supply to something more powerful in order to handle the power requirements of the new video card. An excellent choice would be the FSP Group (Fortron Source) AX500-PN ATX2.2 500W for $59.99.

does that mean he has 1 but its no available or he just doesnt have 1 ?

well n e ways if he dont have a PCI E X16 slot then he cant upgrade to anyhting amazing like the 8800's being mentioned

you ever heard of PULLING IT OUT maybe? HUH

Back
Top Bottom