Can I hook up 2 moniter cards??

chunkmasterflex

Beta member
I want to have 2 moniters running on my computer at the same time. Can I hook up a second moniter card on my motherboard and have them run at the same time or will it only allow me to run 1 moniter card at a time??

PLEASE HELP ANYWAY YOU CAN!!!

you could try putting a graphics card in a pci slot as well as the agp slot
that would probably work.

infact if my memory serves me correctly i did that on my old compaq computer which had onboard video without an agp slot.

i put a pci card in it and there was no physical way to turn off the onboard video so i found the computer ran both.

what i suggest you could do is put a pci card in and connect a second monitor too it restart your machine without making in any changes and see what happens.

one problem might occur when you install the drivers for the pci card but

you will have to see

Thanks bro!!

Currently, I don't have any onboard moniter hookup. I have a moniter card hooked into a PCI slot. I do have 2 open AGP slots, so I will try to add a second card that way.

Thanks for your help!!

Alienware just introduced some software and a motherboard so you can do that don't know how it works.

Yes, you can. Windows XP makes it super easy to perform this function. I did it on my old video card. My friend was doing a HUGE project that was using Adobe something. HUGE 12' poster items. I let her use my computer since I was running a faster computer then her. I stole her PCI video card and monitor, installed it on my system that was running a single output Matrox at the time and it worked so sweet. I was even able to do with three monitors when I got my Radeon 9700Pro Dual out and took her video card and monitor.

If you are trying to run two monitors, I suggest getting a dual output video card first (it's a very common thing these days). They are a lot faster and simplier to setup overall since it is only one video card and only one video driver.

Happy multi-monitoring!

chunkmasterflex said:
I want to have 2 moniters running on my computer at the same time. Can I hook up a second moniter card on my motherboard and have them run at the same time or will it only allow me to run 1 moniter card at a time??

PLEASE HELP ANYWAY YOU CAN!!!
I doubt it but you can have 2 monitors from 1 card.isn't that cheaper.
Please consult the people who sell this stuff.or wait and see if,
Maybe someone has done this and will reply.
By the way 1 card with video out to tv = 2 monitors.
:eek:

You'll get better quality on both then - but on most cards that won't matter unless you're playing a game; in which case you can switch the worst on off and play the game on one monitor.

chunkmasterflex said:
Thanks bro!!

Currently, I don't have any onboard moniter hookup. I have a moniter card hooked into a PCI slot. I do have 2 open AGP slots, so I will try to add a second card that way.

Thanks for your help!!

Please be carefull,there a lot more to this than posted.How does the OS know about this ? It only accepts 1 video source.
This can be done,please ask the dealers at your local stores.
PLLLLLease.

Back
Top Bottom