can the FPS be fake??

nitram12

Beta member
Hello. . im new here. . I'm confused with my FPS in NBA 2k12. .
my average FPS is 40-47FPS. .

my PC is AmD PhenomII x2 3.2GHZ
gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H
4GB Team Elite DDR3
Sapphire HD 5770 GDDR5 128bit
WD HD 500GB
20" LED Samsung Monitor. . .

I compared it to my friend's PC
only athlon2 X4 3.0GHZ
Sapphire HD6670
4GB elixr ddr3
1TB WD
18.5 LED samsung

I compared the Performace. . but I'm so confused why my FPS is lower?
my friend's FPS is around 70-80
BTW I've maxed the setings exept for AA only X4. .

pls help xD. . .

6600 series graphics chips > 5700 series chips. Might also be something to do with monitor size (depends on resolutions) higher resolutions will lower FPS. e.g. I can slightly improve my WoW framerate by lowering my resolution from 1080p to 768p.

MSAA is hard work for the 5770 (I have the exact same card as you in my rig) especially on newer games. It can handle MSAA 8x on MW2 but doesn't do so well at 8x on WoW or much else.

Echo and Darkseeker are correct. It's amazing how much difference a single generation in graphics cards can make.

Oh and I forgot to ask - what program are you using to measure FPS? I recommend both using Fraps to compare FPS - that way you're using the same program and it's a fair test of capability. Plus, it's pretty hard to fake framerates on Fraps.

oh sorry bro. . i forgot my password with my other account. . I've only used the nba 2k12 benchmark performance. . but when I used Fraps. . my FPS was 60. . My friend also has 60? does this eman that 60 is the max frames for nba 2k12??

AND I don't really think that 6670 > 5770. . theoretically speaking. . some games requires more core of processors. that might be some factors that slows me down. .

Radeon HD 5770 vs Radeon HD 6670 (OEM) 1GB – Performance Comparison Benchmarks @ Hardware Compare
and 6770 is almost a match for 5770. . just the series defference. . .
Radeon HD 5770 vs Radeon HD 6670 (OEM) 1GB – Performance Comparison Benchmarks @ Hardware Compare

And also bros. . my monitor is 20" LED. .

Lag is not a problem to ATI cards. .
WHen i experience lag i switch to performance mode. . when not I increase the quality ..

Im just confused to my FPS at nba 2k12. . . Now I'm using Fraps. . thnx man xD

Back
Top Bottom