Caller ID question

Celticsfan

Banned
Hi, I currently have dsl connected to my computer as a means of connecting to internet. I also have vonage as my telephone provider. I just put a modem card in my computer because I would like to have a means of having caller ID over my computer.

My main setup is the following. I have my dsl modem that has my phone line from the wall connected to it. I run an RJ45 cable from that to the back of my router. I then have a phone line connected from the back of my linksys router to the phone itself. I also have 2 RJ45 cables running to 2 different computers. All work without issues. I am guessing on this part that I need to put a splitter on the router and put the phone line from there to my phone itself and then would I put the other phone line into the splitter and the other end of the phone line into my v90 dialup modem. Would I then be able to receive caller ID over my computer as long as I have 3rd party software for it and a driver for my dialup modem as well. Can someone plz verfiy this for me.

thx

PS, I have caller ID service and s/w for this service.

Back
Top Bottom