Buying parts from US for the UK

arsenalbates

Daemon Poster
Firs of all will computer parts such as hard drives work in the UK if they were bought in the USA ?

and secondly if you actually visit the states and bring them back in luggage you dont pay VAT or import charges ?

I know some friends who have gone to visit their american home to do some work to it and i was thinking about getting them to get me some hard drives due to the price increase for them in the UK. i worked out that a Western Digital TB drive would cost me around £62 :)

great and what about import tax and things if brought over in person. Am i correct is saying that if its brought over in luggage then it wont have import tax and things unless it was sent to the UK by couriers ?

I think he can just bring it back with his luggage without any issues. I know people from Europe do it all of the time because stuff is so much cheaper here.

If i was yuo and you had someone over in the US bringing stuff back to the UK i think i'd post it back to the UK clearly stating it is a GIFT. vAT shouldn't be charged on gifts ;)

Well they are only visiting so they can bring it back with them next week. Great that's what i will do then, just hope they do not need returning !

Back
Top Bottom