buying new speakers - question

Hah, allright then. I guess I'm a little outnumbered here.

But, have you guys heard Thiel's before? ;)

The only thing I was impressed most of all regarding Bose is the center subwoofer part. That thing looks like a midtower PC case and rumbles as if a building was collapsing nearby. IT feels like the sound is coming from everywhere even though the subwoofer is clearly in front of the room. The sounds coming out from the satellite speakers are powerful fir such a tiny set of speakers. It's actually 2 little speakers stacked on top of each other so it's like a total of 10 speakers all together. Very sharp sound. You really feel like you're at AMC or Edwards.

As far as Thiel goes, I never heard of them.

I know how you feel TRD. The Sats have a great design, as well as the subwoofer. In a demo they give you, if you go to their direct stores, is the theater presentation. They have 3 speakers. 2 Sats, 1 sub. They covered the sat with these huge speakers covering [Like the 501 carved out]. At the end, they remove the cover to reveal two little cubes. Amazing. Truely.

Are you talking about the latest sub, or the old model that had a hole like entry on the front of the speaker.

It's the newest one. My friend has one at her house. I was just there last night watching Terminator 3 on it. It's one of the new 10-speaker system with this big great black subwoofer (there's another name for that subwoofer, but I can't think of it at the moment) that stands next to the TV.

YES!!!! That's the one. Oh god, that is badass. The DVD player is hidden in side that left panel there. I couldn't find it at first until I read the directions on her system. Built in AM/FM radio, CD/DVD player too. That big black thing is huge!!!! Exactly the same size as my PC case. THat girl's sister bought it for more than $3000, so I guess it had better be good.

I have no idea about size, but all I know is that it produces some massive sounds. I got my mom thinking about a Bose system now. I'm wondering the 3-2-1 system is that good too. I know it can't match the power of that Bose system, but it's got to be good for $1000.

Back
Top Bottom