Buying a new laptop, and im thinking alienware

xalexon

Beta member
my budget is around 2000 dollars, i would rather have it under so i can at least buy a game or 2 when i get my laptop.
So i customized a few laptops, but there are many things to upgrade and me not being a techy in the slightest have no IDEA what to do. So im asking if you could either:
A) Customize an alienware laptop under 2000 (preferably mx17)
B) Suggest a non-alienware laptop
C) Choose the best laptop from these 3 choices (i would rather have an m17x but ill settle for a 15 if its a lot better)

1.M17x
Intel® Core™ i7 720QM 1.6GHz (2.8 GHz Turbo Mode, 6MB Cache)
1GB ATI Radeonâ„¢ Mobility HD 4870
4GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1066MHz
250GB 7,200RPM SATA-II HDD

2.M17x
only difference is the processor
Intel® Core™ i7 620M 2.66 GHz (3.33GHz Turbo Mode, 4MB Cache)

3.another M17x :p
Intel® Core™2 Quad Q9000 2.0GHz (6MB Cache, 1066MHz FSB)
Single NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 260M, 1GB
250GB 7,200RPM w/ Free Fall Protection

4.M15x
Intel® Core™ i7-820QM Quad Core Processor 1.73GHz (3.06GHz Turbo Mode, 8MB Cache)
1GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 260M
250GB SATAII 7,200RPM

I plan on using this laptop for some hardcore gaming. also the reason i want the M17x versus the M15x is because the M17x has a 17 inch screen, facial recognition, an aluminum body and a custom stainless steel nameplate.
these are all aesthetics of course which is why im willing to go for the M15x if its better (and based on numbers, i have a feeling it is)

THANK YOU

Does it have to be a gaming laptop? If not, I'd spend the money on a decent tower and a smaller laptop if you need to work away from home. At 8 lbs and 17.3" it's not going to be fun to haul around.

wow SICK LAPTOP. thanks, when it comes to gaming laptops i dont look past alienware. But here's a laptop that's cheaper and better! 2 questions though:
1.does it have an HD monitor?
2. does it have a blu ray player or another model with a blu ray player?

Of course it has an HD monitor.

You don't want blu-ray on a PC right now. I made that mistake... its uber glitchy.

Why alienware? They have a reputation for using pos parts.

like i said, im no techy. i do know what ram does and what the processor does and GPU etc. but thats about the extent of my computer knowlede. I only ever heard good things about alienware.
ok i did some research on the laptop and i found out it has a chicklet keyboard. is that the kind of keyboard thats on a macbook pro? or the kind thats on the calculator(wikipedia as a source:p )
also my friend says ASUS isnt that reliable, but he didnt know what a GPU was either...
any thoughts?

EDIT: UH-OH guys im out of luck, newegg doesnt ship outside of the US and im canadian
AAAARGH
i was getting excited about this laptop too, i guess ill buy it off the ASUS site?

thanks, while those are both decent laptops.. since my price limit is 2000 dollars and i wont gain anything by buying one under 2000 (parents are buying me one as a grad present) i would rather wait for the X1 to release internationally. also the laptops should be better than the alienwares i mentioned in my previous post. Thanks, ill be looking at the canadian site from now on

Back
Top Bottom