Buying a new laptop

DavidB1

Beta member
Hi, i'm new to these forums and i need some opinions on buying a laptop. I'm planning on getting the Toshiba P200 W01. If anyone has had problems with toshiba laptops then can you please post your opinion. If you have a problem with laptops in general then please don't flame this thread. Now, the price i am getting for this laptop is $2800 AUD and it is not used. Also, i'm wondering if anything major is going to be released which will affect the price of laptops anytime soon. If i haven't supplied enough information on anything, please just ask.

Thanks

That is a very nicely built laptop. It has all the makings of a great machine, but I just want to ask you this, why not get a desktop for around the same price that will outdo that laptop anyday?

With the Intel price-cuts around the corner, if I was in your place, I would hold on to the money and buy a good desktop.

As for Toshiba stuff, I am not a fan and I prefer Sony Vaio laptops over Toshiba ones but I have not heard anything bad about them.

Thanks for the reply. The only reason i want a laptop is because i have a capable desktop at the moment and my friend can get me a cheap laptop through some special deal (nothing shifty). My friend is selling me almost any laptop for 80% of the cheapest price i find on the internet (not including eBay) so if you think i can get a similar laptop for a better deal or if there is some better alternative then i am open to any suggestions.

Well, the screen is smaller and i think the video card is a bit worse, but other than that it looks pretty good, i'll see how much my friend can sell that one for. If anyone else can recommend a laptop it will be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom