Buying a lap top and need help

Bagzli

Baseband Member
Hi guys, i was wondering if once again i could share your wisdom upon buying a computer, last time you guys helped me out and the computer i have now hasn't failed me once yet and I love it. Ok what im looking for right now is a lap top for school, its a computer programing course and they are demanding something a bit better. So I got the specs i need and know what look for I just had this one question.

Lap tops tend to heat up so i was wondering what causes a lap top to heat up and what should i be looking for when buying one so it heats up less.

I heard its mostly processor and that AMD ones are bad for lap tops so if somebody would please help me out, i would appreciate it very much.

Also if i could your oppinion on these 2 lap tops.

Choice 1: http://www.thesource.ca/estore/prod...y=Notebooks_English&catalog=Online&tab=2#more

Choice 2: http://www.thesource.ca/estore/prod...y=Notebooks_English&catalog=Online&tab=2#more

They ran hot because everything is cramp in a small place. Laptop CPU's can with-stand higher temps than a desktop CPU's, but does not have the performance of a desktop CPU. and who told you that AMD laptop CPU's aint good?...Because i think that's where they excel in. anyway back to the issue, I would go for the intel only because you get 100MHz more CPU power and 70 more gigs on HDD for same price.everything else is pretty much the same.

well i am not an expert, im still learning thats why im asking. Some guy putting a windows 7 on my pc said amd are bad for lap tops, they tend to heat a lot more. My current lap top has amd and if i dont have a fan blowing at it, it shuts off every 2 -3 hours cause it heats up so bad...

cause you probably have it setting in your lap or on your bed which in return cant get no air though the bottom to cool it down.and/or it has alot of dust build up inside which needs to be clean.

do you live in canada?...if so you mind it i suggest a laptop or two your way?

Back
Top Bottom