Buying a Computer

Xx-Legend-xX

In Runtime
Hi,

I am planning to buy a new PC. My current PC is extremely old (pentium 3, 7 years old, etc.). So far, I saw a pretty descent computer that meets my demands, which is the Dell Dimension E521.

Dell Dimension E521 System:

Dimension E521
Great Entertainment

$240 Total Savings = $100 Free Memory Upgrade+ $140 Savings

AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 X2 Dual-Core 5600+, english
Genuine Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium, English
Dell 19 inch SE198WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor
320GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cacheâ„¢
NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE Integrated Graphics GPU
16x DVD+/-RW Drive
1 Year Next Business Day Onsite/In Home Service and Tech Support
Free Upgrade to 2GB DDR2 SDRAM AT 667MHZ - $100 Value.

This model is $899.00

Another deal is the same thing (E521) except it was AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core 3800+ and is $100 cheaper. So which deal is better? Is there really a difference between 3800+ and 5600+?
On the website, it says that the deal ends 21/6/07

So should I buy the dell now? Or should I wait? Do you think this is a good deal? I use the computer mainly for homework, internet surfing, and games like starcraft 2 or World of Warcraft.

An opinion would be highly appreciated

PS: If you know any good canada coupon sites for this model, please tell me. Thx!

Thanks in advance,
Xx-Legend-xX:D

the 5600+ is deffinatly worth the extra money. However, if possible I would look into a comptuer with an Intel Core 2 processor instead of the AMD.

Personally, I want to tell you not to get that dell. From all of my experiances with dells, any Dell that costs below $1000 has a relitivly high faliure rate.

Would you be interested in building your own computer? Generally, you get better bang-for-your buck and you feel more pride in your comptuer than one you buy pre-built.

Thanks. By the way, will I even feel a difference between 3800+ and 5600+ ?
If any, what major differences are there or what is the advantage of the 5600+ ? And I checked the sites which are Canadian cause i live in canada (www.ncix.com and www.acit.com). When I searched the exact or almost exact components of the dell computer, the final price was a lot more, and not including the monitor. I've always heard people say that building your own computer is a "bang on the buck" but I dont see how?

Thanks
Xx-Legend-xX

well im not sure bout canada but i know that in the UK and in US it is always cheaper to build im not sure how you got it more expensive buying the individual parts ?

do newegg ship to canada ? if so give them a look

2 more things to add

1. if you have the knoledge & confidence to build / learn to build then do so

2. try and forget any AMD at the moment Core2Duo is the way to go

Back
Top Bottom