Which to buy??

maxmojito

Beta member
Hello all, first time poster. Im buying a new computer with identical specs, the only difference is the graphic card.
The HP Pavilion has the following and goes for $579

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 8570
Dedicated Graphic Card: Yes

The ASUS M11BB has the following and is $499

Graphics Card: Radeon HD 8670D
Dedicated Graphic Card: No

The rest is the same, I'm looking to play an MMO called elder scrolls that is coming out on April, and the system requirements are pretty light, and I don't want to dish out a lot of money for the computer.
Also what exactly is dedicated graphics card? And why does it say no for one of them and yes for the other it is a bit confusing. I have posted the links below for the desktops, if anyone can give me a hand before i dish out 500-600 dollars it will be a lot of help. Thanks for your help.

ASUS M11BB Desktop Computer (AMD A10-6700/ 1TB HDD/ 12GB RAM/ Windows 8) - Black : Everyday Computing - Best Buy Canada

HP Pavilion 500 (AMD A10-6700 / 1TB HDD / 8GB RAM / AMD Radeon HD 8570 Graphics / Windows 8) : Desktop Computers - Future Shop

First of all welcome to CF :), Now out of the two computers you linked they have the same specs but difference in ram and graphics card. A dedicated graphics card has its own ram and doesn't require to use any from the main ram and is better for gaming. I'd recommend going with a kit Buy the Intel Core i5 4670K/Asus Z87 MB/8GB DDR3 Barebones at TigerDirect.ca and just add graphics card Buy the EVGA GeForce GT 640 2GB DDR3 Video Card at TigerDirect.ca

wow its like a whole new world opened up for me haha, this seems so much better than buying a computer at a retail store. I have a few questions regarding the link you sent me. The model you suggested is a bit outside my budget, but i found some that I like, my questions are

1) Do i have to assemble it myself? Im sure i can figure it out watching youtube videos, but just wondering if it comes pre assembled or not.

2) Do i have to buy the windows software separately?

3) And if i find a kit i like and a graphic card i like as well, will the graphic card be compatible with the kit i chose?

Thanks a lot for your help, i can get something a lot better for the same price i was going to pay before.

1. Yes you can but I think Tigerdirect may offer a service where they will assemble it for you but if not there a lots of good helpful videos on how to do it and then we can help too.

2. Yes you do.

3. As long as it is compatible with the slot on the motherboard it should be fine, If you don't know then link the one you like then we can help find out for you..

Custom building a computer these days is proving to be very properly and better than buying a prebuilt one from a manufacturer and can be cheaper.

Building your own means choosing quality components. Pre-built systems usually scrimp on some parts especially PSUs.

The kits however shouldn't be so bad but I'd check each component for quality. Google said part and see what they have to say about it.

Back
Top Bottom