Bust onboard sound AND wIeRd mic prob

thomas49th

In Runtime
Hi, after reinstalling xp the onboard sound of my ASUS board was not working. The device was failing to start [code 10] even after checking the onboard sound was enabled installing/removing/unitstalling the drivers. I used a CT64620 and used the KXProject drivers. I got a new microphone for xmas and jacked it in I cant use it in sound recorder nor games. On control pannel --> sound the only device that can record is selected, and i unmuted it from the volume controls. Ive played around with the KxProject Control pannel to no luck, however when i select the mic form a combobox, in the AC97 section of the KXcontorl pannel, i can here it and it works, so I know that the mic works and the card is recieving it, however other software cant use it :( ALSO here is the weird thing before my mic, if i use a record program to record the mic, any sounds my computer makes are recorded and muffeled. I fixed this today by muting 'wave recording level' in the record section of Kx Control Pannel.

How do I make my mic work
Cheerz

P.S Please dont suggest a total clean reinstall of windows, I can't be arsed :p

Is it likely to be fault hardware? The motherboard was working fine before I reinstalled xp, and I did exactly the same as before :(

i got the mic workin with the CT4620, using the orginal Creative drivers, not the Kx Project drivers

Back
Top Bottom