Building new gaming computer. PLZ help

joeyw368

Baseband Member
Im building a new gaming pc and want to know wut the best hardware is out there. I want to know about the best mobo,cpu,cases w/power supply, hard drive,sound card, best speakers and dvd burner. I have 1 stick of 512MB ddr pc2700 and would like to use that and add some memory.
I will buy off of newegg.com.
If u know of a better site plz tell me.
thanks for all of your help

Joey

Re: Building new caming computer. PLZ help

caming... Nice typo.. LMAO!

Dont use that old memory, it is too slow... Just get new memory, and sell the old stuff on ebay or something..

Re: Building new caming computer. PLZ help

Nope, newegg is the BEST site. Ok what is your budget, and sorry for double post, but EDIT went bye bye for some reason... anyways... Budget is?

i really dont have a budget lol. my grann and dad r buyin me parts for my b-day and said they will buy me the best stuff i want

lol then ditch that ram so fast ur clothes fall off near an attrattive lady, get some ballistix 512mb PC3200 DDr400!!!!!! what i have and zen has he suggested it to me ......its INSANE

If you want to know what is really good, look at some of the people's sig to get some ideas. I'm still working on mine, so I'll be updating that as I go. Newegg and Zipzoomfly have very competitve pricing and I do see some items cheaper than others against these two online stores.

Take a look at Zen's and Blah Blah's sig. Mine too, but all you'll see is the motherboard and DVD burner. I truly believe I have the best DVD burner here, heheh. LG 16x dual layer multiformat. It's got fast write and rewrite rates compared to most competitors. Compare it...

Oh my god, Zen and Blah's specs are nearly identical (almost)!! You guys should run some benchmarks on your setup.

lol ok im just gonna list parts for u
cpu : a64 3800+ or 4000+ or fx 55 (one of those 3 they all pwn)
mobo: get either the asus or gigabyte nforcfe 4 mobo with sli
RAM: 1 gig ballistix
hdd : .... shit just get 2x 200gigs lol
vid card: 2x 6800 ults ( bout 800) or 2x 6600gt's (bout 500) put em in sli
sound card : audigy 2 zs pro
speakers: creative gigaworks
case: there is sumthing like the aspire or sum shit on new egg ( comes with 500 watt psu and all that good shizzy)
cooling: i would go ahead and get water cooling, but if u dun wanna mess with H2O get a swiftech heatsink for the cpu with a 92mm vantec tornado (get a fan controller with this bitch)
then get a nice 17-19 inch lcd monitor
then xp pro for teh OS
grand total should be round ... $2000-$2500

lol correction hahaha
ok price = 3800 b4 shipping
lol heres wut i just checked price on with newegg
cpu = a64 4000 - $719
mobo = asus nforce 4 sli - $269
case = aspire x navigator (silver) -$159
ram 1 gig crucial balistix tracer - $288
1x 200 gb hdd - $178
19 inch sony lcd - $419
2x 16x dvd burners - $125
vid cards = 2x 6800ULTRA's - $978
speakers = creative gigaworks 7.1- $415
sound card = audigy 2 zs platinum pro - $215

note: i didnt look for cheap stuff, just took the "almost" most expensive things and put em in cart, serch around site and u find cheaper prices on monitor, hdd, and das basically all u can really get cheaper, ummmm didnt include hdd, or "aftermarket" cooling for cpu so ya, do as u wish :) the rig i just assembled on newegg is my dream.... it will dominate for atleast 2 years so ya have fun mate

Back
Top Bottom