Building My First Computer From Newegg parts

msm1488

Beta member
Please Help me, as the title says, this is my first time buying a computer. Really all I am doing with it is downloading music and movies in addition to storing and viewing these. That's about it as far as major processes. Here is what I think is my finished selection of products. (Please If you have any suggestions post them)

CD/DVD Burners (RW Drives)
NEC 16X DVD±R DVD Burner Black IDE/ATAPI Model ND-3550A - OEM
Model #: ND-3550A BK OEM
Item #: N82E16827152058

ATX Computer Cases
ASPIRE X-Navigator ATXA9N-BK/500 Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case ATX 500W dual fan w/ automatic fan speed control. Connector 20 + 4 pin Power Supply - Retail
Model #: ATXA9N-BK/500
Item #: N82E16811144164

Internal Hard Drives
Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600JS 160GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
Model #: WD1600JS
Item #: N82E16822144415

Monitors - LCD
Rosewill R913J Black-Gray 19" 8ms LCD Monitor, DVI - Retail
Model #: R913J
Item #: N82E16824021025

Memory - System
A-DATA V-Series 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered System Memory Model VDBGC1A16 - OEM
Model #: VDBGC1A16
Item #: N82E16820211130

(combo Processor and Motherboard)
Processor
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice 2000MHz HT Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3500BPBOX - Retail
Model #: ADA3500BPBOX
Item #: N82E16819103533

Motherboard
ASUS A8R-MVP Socket 939 ATI Radeon XPRESS 200 CrossFire ATX AMD CrossFire Motherboard - Retail
Model #: A8R-MVP
Item #: N82E16813131584
-------------------------------
Thanks

yeah, he said ATI crossfire, i would geuss that if he got a mobo/cpu combo it would come with a card.

The X-Navigator isn't bad, but make sure you get a fan controller to quiet them or they'll make you deaf after a while.

You need a video card. I think the Xpress 200 chipset has integrated video, but for your system, get a dedicated video card to avoid bottlenecks.

IF YOU GOT AMD DO NOT BUY NOW! Wait until July 24th when HUGE PRICSE cuts happy. X2 line 50% Antlhon 64 35%, Sempron 15%

amd is cutting price? damnit! i should have waited coulda got a dual core!

if your case comes with a power supply i would just save it and buy a bigger one, most case power supplys aren't that big and could really be a problem if you end up using 2 videocards in crossfire. i like the BFG tech ones.. they have one it;s like 680 watts or something, has enough power to supply a third world country for a few minuets! i thing it's somewhere around $250

and if you get a chance, with the money you save from getting AMD if you wait until the price cut you could spend the extra dough and get 2 mid level ATI cards and use them in crossfire - really something to think about, like the other guys said before me stay away from intergrated GPUs .... from the stuff your getting i would geuss your using it for gaming so with the processor and RAM and crap you have your fine so a high quality graphics card should be your biggest concern now.

If it was me, i'd go nVidia SLI instead of ATI but thats up to you.

DO NOT BUY AMD UNTIL JULY 24TH IT WILL BE A HELL OF A LOT CHEAPER!j

Don't go too cheap on the mobo
Decide wheater or not you want aftermarket CPU cooler. Thats your choice your decision if you want OC tehn its ideal.
Nvidia from reviews stricly is better with SLI then ATI is with crossfire due to drivers issues. I suggest stick with them, but then again both are really great companies.
Maybe get a bigger HD with this AMD sale comming up :)

O BTW tell your friends AMD is doing this, you don't want a kid to pay 500 bucks for CPU the next day its 250 :) That'd be ANNOYING.

Well the integrated vid card will be more than enough for what u are doing. Since u don't play games then I suggest that u don't waste ur money on a good and expensive vid card since the integrated ones can play videos just as well.

Also u might need a bigger hdd, 160GB ain't that much if u are downloading a lot of stuff.

Back
Top Bottom