Building a HARDCORE gaming comp.

yuki953

Baseband Member
So All i know about computers is putting them togeter and wether or not i have a good grafics card... i need a good hardcore gaming comp setup fromHere that i could put together, It must have either an ATI 4870-4850 or a NVIDIA 8800-9800, and at least 4gb ram, monitor and keyboard/mouse is un needed, just the tower is what i want... please help?

Mst come with OS disc, price limit is 1000

dont realy care about os version, (i tend to like vista better but eh)

So All i know about computers is putting them togeter and wether or not i have a good grafics card... i need a good hardcore gaming comp setup fromHere that i could put together, It must have either an ATI 4870-4850 or a NVIDIA 8800-9800, and at least 4gb ram, monitor and keyboard/mouse is un needed, just the tower is what i want... please help?

Mst come with OS disc, price limit is 1000

dont realy care about os version, (i tend to like vista better but eh)

COOLER MASTER Mystique RC-632S $80 + shipping

cases depend on the user, only you can know what you want, but remember to factor in quality and functionality in addition to "pretty, pretty, shiny, shiny", lot's of computer parts use the "pretty, pretty" gimmick to lure less knowledgeable customers because their products are inferior and they know it, it's like a used car lot that puts a few hundred $$ into stereo equipment and a new paint job because the engine is shot...

PC Power & Cooling S75CF 750W - $109 ($40 MIR)

GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P - $137 ($20 MIR)

E8400 - $160

CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB 1066mhz - $66 w/ promo code EMCBCCCCE ($30 MIR)

Seagate Barracuda 250GB - $50

depends on how much space you need (or in other words how much you download)

Sapphire 4870 512MB - $185 w/promo code EMCBCCCDA ($20 MIR)

LG - $26 (it's OEM, but that just means you don't get the bundled software with it, Nero, PowerDVD, etc.)

Vista Ultimate - $180

that's $913 not including the case and before rebates, after rebates it's $803, again, not including the case...

the Cooler Master Mystique would put you slightly over budget with shipping, but you would still be under budget with the rebates factored in (good luck getting them, I'm still waiting on my rebate for my 4850 that I bought in July, though it is listed as processed when I check the website...)

here's a case with good reviews that would keep you close to $1000 ($1003 to be exact before rebates) and combines "pretty, pretty, shiny, shiny" with decent build quality and functionality, it also has free shipping...

NZXT Guardian 921 - $90 ($25 MIR)

The very first thread on this forum (New build guide) has suggestions for you. I think it suggests a 4850, but since you can get the 4870 so cheaply now, subit out for that.

As for the OS Disc. The guy above suggested a $180 Vista Ultimate disc. That's not necessary. You will never use any of Ultimate's extra features. Get the Home Premium builder's edition for $90-100 instead.

WOW thanks guys, and i prefer the 4870 to the 4850, i had both, and trashed the 50, the reson im gettin a new one, is every year my dad bought me the parts to an ownage computer and told me, if i could put it together i could own it, this year, he gave me 1,000 and said, i also gotta search within the budget... This will do well, im sure i could come up with $3 some where lol

Problem Solved

WOW thanks guys, and i prefer the 4870 to the 4850, i had both, and trashed the 50, the reson im gettin a new one, is every year my dad bought me the parts to an ownage computer and told me, if i could put it together i could own it, this year, he gave me 1,000 and said, i also gotta search within the budget... This will do well, im sure i could come up with $3 some where lol

Problem Solved

you may not have to come up with anything extra if you make the changes suggested in the other posts...

good luck...

well, i did downgrade the ultimate... no reson for that... and i decided to get the 500gb, but internal hard drives are the least of my worrys, i have 3 good usb+sata externals that holf 1tb each, (i travel a lot...dont ask) and a trusty laptop, and yes i do download a lot of stuff, i do grafic designing and hardcore gaming, again, thnx for the help

well, i did downgrade the ultimate... no reson for that... and i decided to get the 500gb, but internal hard drives are the least of my worrys, i have 3 good usb+sata externals that holf 1tb each, (i travel a lot...dont ask) and a trusty laptop, and yes i do download a lot of stuff, i do grafic designing and hardcore gaming, again, thnx for the help

that's what we're here for, again, good luck and have fun with that build...

ty, btw wats the differnce between 9800 GT 9800 GTX and 9800GTX+

and grats on posting ur 1k post here =)

ty, btw wats the differnce between 9800 GT 9800 GTX and 9800GTX+

and grats on posting ur 1k post here =)

haha, didn't even notice that, it's my turn to thank you now...

back to the question, I believe the 9800GTX+ is just an overclocked 9800GTX...

Back
Top Bottom