Building a desktop, need recommendations for parts.

Magitrek

Beta member
I'm planning on building a computer in a year or two, and I was planning on using a second generation i7 processor. I've built many computers before, but never chosen the parts. I'm hoping for at least 6 gb of 1033 mhz ram and at least a 512 gb hard drive. Any recommendations for a motherboard and where to buy the various parts?

Need to be specific, what are you using it for? Whats your budget? Where are you buying the parts from? Is it just the tower? Or everything? (including monitor keyboard mouse etc.)

FYI, 6GB of RAM configurations are uneven in today's dual channel system configs. If you go looking for tri-channel RAM for the new 1155 sockets, you'll be pretty disappointed.

Also, "in a year or two" may mean that something else will come along, so, as my experience has taught me, there's no reason to start looking now. Start looking when you're a month out, that way you'll get a better capture of what the market is like at the time, and you can pick your parts then.

There's nothing wrong with research right now, just keep in mind that things are going to be much different in 1-2 years.

Back
Top Bottom