Buildind another computer for a Friend!

wee493

In Runtime
I'm building another computer for a friend with a $1000 Budget. He says he wants to play crysis and other games coming out in the near future. I have not really been keeping up with all the new products lately, and how they perform so i was going to ask u. The one thing i do know is that i think i want to give him a 3ghz Core Two Duo. Thanks!:)

hmm......crysis.....

hmmm.......1000 doller budget.....

gona be tough

gota get an 8800GT atleast,

2gb of ram should do it.

u already got the processor

ASUS Mobos are good, and are relitivly cheap if you can look around

Crysis will run on a $1000 Computer,Just remeber that it wont run on High lol.Crysis will run on an 8600GT Good actually,I Have it running at 1440x900,on Medium - low settings and it runs at about 25-35 FPS.

How's that?

In Crysis, processor clock speeds are much more important that the number of cores. It's the same in 99% of other games too.

2GB of RAM will be enough if he will be running XP, but otherwise 4GB is the way to go. And I didn't think he'd be overclocking so I picked the Gigabyte P35 DS3L.

Thats Great, Worshipme...

That is exactally the build i had in my head. Well Done

That's the idea I had, but different case / psu / ram. That PSU is overpriced for what it is, and the case is a bit overkill.

2x2GB is roughly the same price and faster, and allows you to upgrade to 8GB fairly easily.

PSU all depends on whats at a good price, and case depends on what looks good to the person.

That's the idea I had, but different case / psu / ram. That PSU is overpriced for what it is, and the case is a bit overkill.

2x2GB is roughly the same price and faster, and allows you to upgrade to 8GB fairly easily.

PSU all depends on whats at a good price, and case depends on what looks good to the person.

I would say a noble call on the RAM, I agree...

But I dont on the PSU.. I think its a good deal. It only $65 after re-bate with free shipping.

And I the case... Its about more than what just looks good.
Its about how the case performs... And the P182 performs great

If he wanted to shave some bucks off and still have a good performing case, i would get the coolermaster Centurion

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119068

I would say a noble call on the RAM, I agree...

But I dont on the PSU.. I think its a good deal. It only $65 after re-bate with free shipping.

And I the case... Its about more than what just looks good.
Its about how the case performs... And the P182 performs great

If he wanted to shave some bucks off and still have a good performing case, i would get the coolermaster Centurion

Eh I didn't see the mail in rebate. If the rebate actually comes, thats a good price.

And for case performance, you don't need a 140$ case to perform well. In fact with today's low power consumption processors, their's no need to have as massive of cooling as these cases have. A 50-60$ case easily does the job.

Eh I didn't see the mail in rebate. If the rebate actually comes, thats a good price.

it is a good price eh!

And for case performance, you don't need a 140$ case to perform well. In fact with today's low power consumption processors, their's no need to have as massive of cooling as these cases have. A 50-60$ case easily does the job.

Thats why I told him to go with the Centurion, and Video Cards throw out tons of heat, I am more concerned about getting air to the card than the Proc, just because they run so much hotter.

Back
Top Bottom