G9

Daemon Poster
So here's what I've confirmed so far...
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Optical Drives: 2 Dual Layer
Hard Drives: 200 GB 7200 RPM RAID 1
On-board audio

Now here's what I need for suggestions:

1. First off, processors. Are AMD processors faster than Intel processors when it comes to single core? If so, I need a mid-end AMD processor for a budget PC.
2. Cooling. This won't be a high-end powerhouse of a rig, so water cooling isn't a necessity. I just need suggestions for standard air cooling.
3. Motherboard
4. I need a video card that can handle Halo played at full quality
5. Finally, I need a case (as small as possible) that is compatible with all the listed parts. Also needed is a compatible power supply. I have this in mind.

If your going budget, throw out the RAID configuration, use one HD and look at the Antec Sonata II case with 430W power supply. I would go AMD 3200 minimum and 1gb of good memory. You going SLI or single graphic card? I'd go PCI on the mobo.

Single graphic card, I don't believe SLI is necessary. 1 GB or Corsair memory, and one step higher than AMD 3200. How's the case I selected?

G9 said:
Single graphic card, I don't believe SLI is necessary. 1 GB or Corsair memory, and one step higher than AMD 3200. How's the case I selected?[/QUOTE

Case looks okay but I recommend the third fan in the front. Since getting my Antec P160 I'm a beleiver in front fans and 120mm size if at all possible. My CPU is running 29 to 34C with stock cooler.I think the 350W power supply is marginal and you may soon need to update to something like a Antec 430-480W. Don't be shy about getting a good, over size PS, at ltast 30 percent over size is recommended.I beleive that lots of PC problems are PS related.Keep us posted on your venture.

P.S. I like the Gigabyte Mobo I used and there is a similar ASUS mobo that does a good job. I wanted one with one 16E slot and three PCI slots. I use Windows XP Pro but don't see much difference between it and XP Home Edition. My computer is new and I have two operational Sony's. My new one has bright blue lights in the front, I disconnected them, they remind me of oncoming blue headlights. May find some other color later.

Processor: AMD 3200+
Motherboard: Asus A8N-E
Video Card: eVGA 6800gs PCI-e
CPU cooler: Stock one is ok but for a cheap one I suggest the zalman 7000B-Cu
Powersupply: Antec TRUEPOWERII 480w
Case: Really what ever you want the case you put looks fine

Back
Top Bottom