budget gaming comp

aCb

In Runtime
ok so im planning on building a budget gaming computer using around 650$. This is what i have picked so far im open to any suggestions/advice so feel free to critisize.

CORE 2 DUO E6420
ASUS P5N-E SLI nVIDIA nFORCE 650 SLI
CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 2GB KIT 667MHZ 3-3-3-12
SAMSUNG Black 18X SH-S182D DVD RW Drive

Total $452.61 with shipping

this is the video card im probably going to order

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16814130056
or
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102061

which video card should i get the x1950 pro or the 7900gs there both around the same price and have similar performance. I am also using the HD in my computer right now so i do not need to order one.

I am open to case/PSU suggestions I dont really want to spend more then 75$ on the case and PSU combined so i will probably end up ordering a case that comes with a power supply so if anyone can give me some suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Total price comes out to around 600$ just need a case.

for your video card you might as well get an 8600, that will support DX10, heres a link, and its only a couple bucks more... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130084

otherwise, that looks like a great system, good luck!

EDIT: as far as cases and psu's go, i wouldnt trust a psu that comes with a case, just get a really cheap case and get a dual rail 500watt's or more psu, that should cost around 45bucks or more, and cases are pretty cheap by themselves

kyle

I am in the same boat as you. I am wanting a second gaming computer. Looking at you build so far looks pretty nice. I might go with your build instead of mine. $600.00 is about around my budget too.

id rather stick with the geforce 7900gs because i plan on upgrading to an 8800gts down the road the 8600s are pretty crappy. I have been using a raidmax case with a stock PSU that has been working flawlessly for almost 2 years now so i dont really mind them.

Joostin the site im ordering the processor, memory, and mobo from is www.mwave.com the processor and mobo are a little cheaper then newegg and the memory is 250$ on newegg only 100$ on mwave.

out of these 3 cards which one do you think i should buy they are all very close in price

geforce 7900gs
radeon x1950 pro
geforce 8600gt

i think the radeon x1950 pro looks best but i would like some other opinions i am ordering this stuff tonight so if anyone could lead me in the right direction of a case/psu would be very helpful.

also does anyone know how many watts my PSU will need for those video cards.

430 i think would do those cards, you'd want 500 for optimal performance though, but i think you'll be ok with 430, and thermaltake is a good brand, im still thinkin 8600gt though :p

I am in the same boat as you. I am wanting a second gaming computer. Looking at you build so far looks pretty nice. I might go with your build instead of mine. $600.00 is about around my budget too.

just remember that he already has a HDD, and you'll need one for yours, so that will bump up the price a little...

Back
Top Bottom