Brand new.. Low budget Desktop?

Half Evil

Golden Master
Im looking at Dells, only. What are some good, not entry level Pc's, but just a good low buget one. I know what i want, with like:
512mb ram
Intel Processor, above 2.5ghz
At least 80gb hard drive
And the Dell A525 Speakers

Im they dont have to be this exact, but something close to this. Can someone reccomend something. And please keep it as cheap as possible, though thats going to be hard, as i want a dell..

Don't buy Dell. Get a custom computer. Even if you don't know how to build one, we can tell you what to get. Just have your computer hardware teacher at school fix it up for you, I'm sure he;ll do it for free. But don't buy Dell. Get something that YOU desgined and that YOU can build. You'll get a lot more satisfaction out of it then just goign to a store and purchasing the whole thing and not having to do anythign except put a power cable and a monitor on the thing...

Dude.. im 15.. and as this is for my dad.. my mom wont let me make one. She still doesnt trust me. Ahh well.. because we fought over this when she MADE me by my dell... Yeah.. sucks huh.. but anyway.. she has got this little nitch for buying dell.. dont ask me, i dont know where the hell she got that.. but i would if i could.. and besides my dad doesnt need a great computer. He can barely run the damn thing.. but he does deserve faster then what he is running now..
P.4-1.5ghz
256mb ram
Near full 40 gb hard drive.
Integrated 16 bit Ati..
Yeah it blows.. so im trying to get someting better, but mom has(like i said before) a nitch for dell.. but im working on her letting me make it.. grr..

Hmmm the CPU seems to be ok. The RAM and video definetly need an upgrade. Does the P4 have HT technology?

Try to get one of those new Dells that has a PCI-E motherboard, had 512MB of DDR ram, ATi Radeon X300, P4 at I think 2.xx GHz. I saw one for about $500 in the newspaper like 5 days ago. If you want, just go to Dell's website.

Actually.. i was asking someone to suggest something for me :p
But this is what im lookin at right now..
http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&oc=DB110B&s=dhs
Because that has 512, 80gig, decent processor..

But this one has a free 17 inch flat screen, and 160 gb hard drive, and a little bit better processor..
http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&oc=DB110J&s=dhs

And im gettin everything from right here 'v'
http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/featured_basdt?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

So, please look at that page '^', and tell me what i should do.. im confused, because Dell has too many things to choose from.. damn them. Oh well.. please just tell me what i should.. Like if the flat screen is worth gettin, though it says its free, the price is jacked up ALOT, though the processor is a BIt faster, but the hard drive is double the other models.. Hell im just rambling on. Please just look at all the variables, and tell me what is the best option..

Back
Top Bottom