Bootcamp and windows instal disc question.

justinrooney

Solid State Member
I have an imac and was wondering if I could use the vista disc that came with my acer aspire laptop. I think its an install disc to reinstall windows vista in the event of a computer crash. Can I use this to install windows vista on imac with bootcamp or do I need to buy a new vista

I have an imac and was wondering if I could use the vista disc that came with my acer aspire laptop. I think its an install disc to reinstall windows vista in the event of a computer crash. Can I use this to install windows vista on imac with bootcamp or do I need to buy a new vista

You'll need to get a new Windows Vista. If you install that on your imac and use the same product ket, it'll say its not Genuine windows. Product keys can only be used 1 time unless its a corporate/business version. (Correct me if I am wrong, thats how it was with XP)

You'll need to get a new Windows Vista. If you install that on your imac and use the same product ket, it'll say its not Genuine windows. Product keys can only be used 1 time unless its a corporate/business version. (Correct me if I am wrong, thats how it was with XP)

the corperate/business version is the same with the product key
the only major differance
is the the assigned key is for a certain number
such as 15, 40 or 100 uses
as compaired to the just once for the public version
thats what i was told at least

Back
Top Bottom