Boot Problems

adrian krstisto

Baseband Member
Recently my computer has had "trouble" starting up. When i press the power button the machine starts including the video card BUT the video card fans rev and then stop and rev again about 3 times while my monitor(only the green light that tells you it has poweris on) and system hang. But after a while windows starts up, all is well.. why is this happening?

Hmm, this is tough to say. Especially when it happened just recently. Maybe power surge? Or perhaps Windows is trying to load something at startup causing it to act that way? As long as it boots up ok, I wouldn't worry too much about it. How long does it hang?

Sounds to me like maybe a power supply problem.

Can you list your system specs? Specifically what video card you are running and how many watt power supply.

hello and thanks

It takes about 3 intervals ...sometimes. It sounds like its restarting 3 times within 30sec-1 min.

PSU- 550 watt antec
MOBO-Asus Se Delux
CPU-Duo Core e6700
2 gigs ram /2x crucial, 2x generic
7950gx2
water cooling

how can you tell if psu is no good?

i have asus probe which i believe measures 3 different voltages, can i use that? should i copy/paste dx info?

My friend had a problem just like this at one time, he never did figure it out. Ended up getting a new mobo, cpu and vid card.

Still a mystery to this day, he thought it might have been a motherboard problem though.
Sorry I couldn't help.

Back
Top Bottom