boot.ini

Kage

Golden Master
Hi, I have a question, adn hopefully someone can answer, as I know how important it is to get the boot order right.

I want it so when booting up with a multi-select screen, for there to be no default option and no timeout, so that it'd just sit there until one is selected. Is this possible by taking out the default system part?:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS <--- this?
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="SYSTEM 1" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="SYSTEM 2 /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(3)\WINDOWS="SYSTEM 3" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(4)\WINDOWS="SYSTEM 4" /fastdetect

Would taking that out cause an error and it wouldn't boot up at all, or would something else happen? If so, is there a way of doing it?

I appreciate the help :)

you make things so hard kage tsk tsk tsk

goto start>right click my computer>properties>advanced tab>start up and recovery button

(i think, im currently on windows 2k though...)

I wouldn't think so, as its not programming...its the windows bootup lol...

As for the question, I didn't ask where it is :p as i know to have brought it up...hehe

What I asked was:

is there a way of making it so that on bootup, it wouldn't have a timeout and wouldn't select a drive to run, but would just sit there waiting for a response?

Can anyone help? :)

i hope it did otherwise just set it to as many nines as possible in the windows xp system start settings..lol

setting it to -1 is what you do, but you never know ... some pc's can be we-todded and not work the way you intend it to.

Thanks CrossCech, it worked perfectly :)

I was crossing my fingers, because my brother was waiting to get on at the time, and when I restarted, I was hoping that it wouldn't come up with an error or something, because if it didn't work, I wouldn't know how to boot my drive :p

Thanks again :D

Back
Top Bottom