Boot failure

qazxswed345

Baseband Member
i think that i am having a problem with the power supply... cuz i hear a sound from my power supply and my computer dies and comes back on again and again this is at the 115 setting... the computer is not on long enough to fully boot up or even start to but when switched to 230 setting it runs and tries to boot up and then locks up and the windows xp loading screen what could be the problem
its recently been formatted and worked since then but the hd was removed to use in another computer for about 15 minutes and now it wont boot up when put back in my computer

Okay, well, I don't really know what's going on, but leave it at the 115 volts setting, that's just telling your PSU the voltage amount coming from your outlet, which is definitely 115 volts.

Lol lets hope its 115.

Anyways.. Maybe just you need to reset the jumper cables on it.

Hm, what do you mean it was moved to use in a different computer? Aren't HDD's finicky when it comes to switching computers? I'm guessing that it is internal.

Well.. I mean like (im guessing) that he just kind put his drive in that other computer.. And im assuming that they both had OS's on them. And yes, you can have a Raid 0 config. And all that is two hard drive, that copies the data twice, once to each drive. Even with a Raid 1 config it can be on two hard drives. Half the OS would be on each drive.

Back
Top Bottom