boor problem

convergecult

In Runtime
i recently purchased an ssd boot drive and installed windows on it and then formatted my old 1tb hd as a storage, now when i boot up it is asking which windows i want to boot to(as if i was dual booting), i only have one version of windows loaded on the ssd and nothing on the other two drives. there is not even an "old windows" folder from previous versions..any ideas it is really slowing down my start up time

boor problem

I cannot stop laughing about the misspelling. I don't mind by any means, but the sheer misspelling made me click on this. HAHAHAH! Cheers!

On another note, you may still have a boot partition in your MBR on the old drive. Formatting it will only format the one partition. Use a tool to delete all of the partitions and create a new one. Than format that partition. It should erase the MBR. For reference an MBR is a Master Boot Record. It's where the little program sits (like GRUB for Linux) to tell the Hardware which OS to boot. In any case, something like EasyBCD as mentioned by InfectionZero may do the trick.

can you search for a file called boot.ini on your C: drive and post here what is in it

yes funny typo!, that program worked, but im running into another problem of having random blue screens after installing my ssd drive

Back
Top Bottom