BluRay drive compatibility with a Toshiba laptop

tufffta

Beta member
I am going to receive soon a Toshiba L750D laptop and I want to buy an internal BluRay Burner/Writer to put it in this laptop. From my research I found that the choice is not that big. I think I'm going to settle with Panasonic UJ 260 (or UJ 240). I was ready to buy, but then I decided to read Centrix Intl - Wholesale Distribution of Electronic Components compatibility guide. Here's what it says:

"Like hard drives, Slim CD/DVD must be set to ether slave or master. Because there is no jumper on the drive to change one to another it is important to know if your system requires the drive to be set as a Master. Apple and a few Toshiba systems require Master drives, however most use Cable Select-Slave / Master. Typically the drive is set to master or slave by the system cable configuration. If the optical drive is not configured properly, it will not be detected by the BIOS or you will get IDE #1 error when you start the system.

Toshiba Users.
If you own a Toshiba notebook, chances are your optical drive is Master inverted C-SEL. If you update your optical drive with anything other then inverted C-SEL you will get the infamous IDE #1 error during boot.
From our web site Centrix Intl - Wholesale Distribution of Electronic Components search keyword"inverted"." ( Slim drive compatibility )

This Panasonic UJ 260 Default drive ID setting: CSEL, according to description on eBay : eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Is there a difference bewteen an inverted C-SEL and a C-SEL? Will this one work on a Toshiba L750D laptop?

If this won't work, would you recommend me some other internal BluRay Writer/Burner, that's not more expensive than some 120-130 USD?

Back
Top Bottom