Blank screen, no usbs...

mcguire6799

Beta member
I have had an intermittent problem lately. What happens is sometimes the computer boots fine, sometimes I have to cycle it a few times. Sometimes it will boot for a little bit then the screens gets a lot of little boxes across it and it black screens out. Most of the time I can reboot it and have no problems. Booted it earlier today no problems at all gamed for a couple hours booted it down and went to boot it now, and my USBS won't power on, screen doesn't even register a signal 90% of the time I boot it, but computer boots with no beeps. Could my power supply be bad? I don't have extra parts or machines laying around either..

Motherboard: Newegg.com - MSI 890FXA-GD70 AM3+ AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

Graphics: Newegg.com - XFX HD-583X-ZAFV Radeon HD 5830 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ Eyefinity

Power Supply: Newegg.com - KINGWIN Lazer LZ-750 750W Modular 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC W/ 3-Way LED Switch and Universal Modular Connector Power Supply

CPU: Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX

RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817121066

Most likely PSU, but could be vidcard. Heat could also be a problem; good airflow/cooling? I prefer Antec or Corsair PSUs.

Well msi thinks its the board. It won't post. Stops at random points most common is north bridge error.

I tested all pins from psu and all tested great and within range. Tested with bare essentials plugged in. Tried with one stick of ram. Tested with each stick of ram individually. Switched slots for graphics card to make sure the slot wasn't bad causing no video.

Back
Top Bottom