A bit worried [HELP]

clim920

Solid State Member
Hi guys, I want to buy this pc off a professional computer retailer,It's all great except the power supply. I am very worried that that 460w power supply can't run the graphics card and processor in it. This is what they said when I contacted them about this:

"The "Very Oversized" built-in 460W power supply unit can handle graphics cards up to 225W (like the Radeon HD 5870).
The pc has a screw-in card retention system to keep heavy graphics cards from working loose and damaging the computer".

Specs:

Processor: AMD Phenomâ„¢ II X6 1055T + ATI

Graphics: Radeon HD 5870 1GB

Memory: 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz - 4 DIMMs

Hd: 1.5TB - 7200RPM, SATA 3.0Gb/s, 1.56MB Cache

Psu: 460w

i wouldnt trust my computer with a oversized 460 watt psu doesnt matter what brand id shoot for a 600 or 700 watt

i wouldnt trust my computer with a oversized 460 watt psu doesnt matter what brand id shoot for a 600 or 700 watt

Not my choice tho, I am not building a custom pc dude, it's a already put together machine.

Need moar info.

Make/model of the PSU?

Also, I really wouldn't trust a company who calls a 460w psu 'very oversized'. 460w is typical in extremely entry-level PSUs.

Just out of curiosity, how much are they charging and where is this coming from? I bet you could builda better one for several hundred dollars cheaper.

Need moar info.

Make/model of the PSU?

Also, I really wouldn't trust a company who calls a 460w psu 'very oversized'. 460w is typical in extremely entry-level PSUs.

Just out of curiosity, how much are they charging and where is this coming from? I bet you could builda better one for several hundred dollars cheaper.

Dell.ca and 1200$

Dell uses crappy oem parts. You should really build your own. It's a whole lot easier than you would think.

Extremely annoying having to order every part 1 at a time, when I am a busy person :p, any other sites that have good gaming pcs for around that price that ship to can?

In canada I'm not sure. But if you give me a few minutes, I will find every part you need at newegg.ca and you can just order them all together.

Hows that sound?

$1200 budget?

Wait what? You add all to one cart, checkout, and the parts will all be on your doorstep within a week. Ordering would take 10 minutes tops.

But if you really want to spend a couple hundred extra to have it built for you, and wait for them to orde the parts, put it together, then ship to you, I have heard cyberpower isn't bad. No clue if they sell in canada though. You will most likely be better off going to a local shop and having them do it.

Even that would take longer than ordering and building yourself tho. Up to you.

Just trying to help you out.

Back
Top Bottom