bit torrent

kiwi

Solid State Member
Evenin' folks.
Anyone now?? How'n'the hell do you operate Bit Torrent?????
Got the s/w on my desktop, got a few mash=up albums on my desktop, in Bit Torrent format.
How do i unzip the torrent files and get them onto my HD as MP3's sos i can burn them??
And no, there are no instructions!!

cheers, kiwi

hi ya delta...i already have that bit torrent client on my system.
Thats the problem - what the hell do i do now??.
I have some bit torrent music files, namely "The Kleptones' Yoshimi vs the hip hop robots", and screamadelica remix album and a progidy remix album.
My bit torrent client software on my desktop has the names of these files inside the the box, above the progress bars, but nothing happens.
The progress bar stays at 0%.......there is no activity whatsoever.
How do i get the files to start downloading inside the bit torrent box?
HeLP please!

thanx in advance, kiwi

BitTorrent relies on people doing the same as you, trying to download, if nobodys downloading and the origonal file is gone you download wont start. Its gets more annoying when you download a 6Gb linux distro just to find nobody else has the file beyond 92% :p

Or it could be that you have the pause button clicked. Make sure its not paused.

Hi ya folks..........my pause button isnt on.
have downloaded loads different torrent files now.
same thing everytime...name of file up top and downloading progress bar never leaves 0%.

Cannot get to bottom of this at all???

and none of my friends can suss out this torrent thing either, and we have built PC's between us, and worked out all other net stuff, incl kazaa etc!!

anyone any other ideas??

thanx, kiwi

try azureus then, google it... much more noob friendly way of downloading torrents, no offense :)

thanks for that Voodoo & Smurkey, will try it.
and no worries Smurkey, no offence taken

Back
Top Bottom