Bios setting do not get saved

abhii

Solid State Member
:confused: :confused: hello every one i hav win xp in my desktop and every time i boot the machine the boot sequence changes and wll has floppy drive as its first preference but i dont hav a floppy drive and its become a nuisance to change the sequence every time please help me :confused:

First page of most bios will show the drive layout. Highlight the floppy drive and set it for: none.
Other than that make sure the bios reset jumper is in the run position and think about replacing the bios battery. Radio Shack is your best bet for matching up the flat watch like batteries bios use.

Yep Radioshack is awesome. I walk in show them the battery and they will give you a new one right there. Cost only like 6.50 also

yeah if you haven't changed your jumper at all on your motherboard then it sounds like the battery is dead. even if you disable the floppy disk in the bios if you cmos battery is dead it will just enable it everytime as well. I would try to disable it first and see if it goes away when you reboot if not it is time to replace the cmos battery

A CMOS battery can be a reason why it won't save the settings, because the 3V CMOS RAM is always on even when fully shut down.

Back
Top Bottom