Bios possibly corrupt need help FAST (IMPORTANT)

PCs_ForTheWin

Baseband Member
ok, i turn on the computer and then my initial bios screen loads but without its background image. everything functions but if i try to enter setup (F10) it says its gonna but it just keeps saying that. my motherboard LED is on, i hear no beeps. i was overcloking. my pc specs are as follows

(4 gig ddr ram / 250 gb HDD / 256 mb Nvidia Geforce 6200 / 2.66 ghz intel pentium 4. (overclocked to 2.9)
if im missing anything please ask, i cant think straight right now and am sorry if anything makes no sense.

Great Fing news, i walked into my room with the pc (it was all whole time) and it said changes were made cd dvd hdd cmos cheaksum invalid etc. so i hit F1 and now the image is back, wtf i happening, someone please explain so i know what just happend, im flooded with emotion right now and can think straight. id like so explination.

first thing I would do is reset the CMOS.
What motherboard do you have? that way I can look up as to where the jumper is.

i guess there was something held in memory and it was cleared when u turned your computer off?? Or possibly the system overheated and the tempreature returned to normal when u turned the PC on again

Unplug the power to the system. Hold in the power button for 10 seconds (yes, with it unplugged) and then open the case and reset your CMOS/BIOS. Plug the power back in and turn the system on. It should function as normal. If it doesn't, it's remotely possible you fried something. I hope in your overclocking endeavors you weren't fiddling with power settings yet.

Back
Top Bottom