The big Question

thanks for that 7200 vs. 10000 rpm comment, 'cause i have 7200 rpm hd right now but it sounds like an upgrade to 10000 is pointless?

other than that i came home today from school and my dad had bought a new motherboard! yes the ONLY motherboard better than the one i had (imo) the asus p4c800-e deluxe. this is also to verify whether the mobo is the cause of a computer problem. But the graphics card is doing alright, and enough for the amount games I play on it.

About the processor: I thought that the 2.4 GHz intell p4 was famous with the gamers 'cause you can overclock it better than the other intel processors even the higher frequency ones. Also, because my computer is mainly a media center, is there a possible AMD upgrade to the 2.4 GHz p4, or should the upgrade be a p4 2.8/3.0/3.2... GHz processor.

thanks.

Well i got the almost the same mobo the only thing is that it has a sis chip SiS655TX
Asus P4S800D-E Deluxe.
got a p4 3.2 HT oc to only 3.4 this made a big difference

then a have 1 g pc3200 running in dual mode

I know some of you guys woulf that that chip sucks but I have some poeple thinking twice about Intel high end chips. Also cost a lot less. my mobo $50 for it.

One thing if you do go toa higher P4 get ready for all that heat.

Dont get a higher intel..the cost-preformance is just wrong. Save up money and get a 939 socket mobo and a athlon64 whenever you can...it is 64-bit and it is cheaper and you get a lot more preformance. It is hard to OC an intel without good cooling like my zalman copper HSF.

Sorry to tell you jack but for media go with intel. For games and some media I would go with AMD.

Wow guys,i went throught his with gian. The only thing intel beats amd in is a very small portion of video editing....go look at benches before you say im wrong next time. Go to tomshardware if you dont believe me. Ask gian, we went back and forth over this.

I know but look at the mobo Amd users use. For just media P4 user can get away with a $ 30 mobo or the ones they give away with combos. I have use the low end mobo with amd at they suck.

No, i knoow yo can im justs saying in benches amd outperforms everything but for wht hes doing hes fine..i didnt mean it that way...no trying to get him to buy a bunch of stuff.

jack22 said:
No, i knoow yo can im justs saying in benches amd outperforms everything but for wht hes doing hes fine..i didnt mean it that way...no trying to get him to buy a bunch of stuff.

dont worry man, all information is really useful. especially the amd vs. intell stuff. :)

Back
Top Bottom