Big Problem booting into windows

GreatHype

Daemon Poster
So I recently deleted my linux partition on my hard drive since I got the gist of what it was about, but when I rebooted I got a GRUB error, so I tried to find my recovery disc but I couldn't find it so I used my old computer recovery disc (same manufacturer) and got into command prompt, typed "fdisk /mbr" and then rebooted, but now my computer keeps restarting and won't boot into windows at all. I need help really fast. Also I tried typing fixmbr and fixboot and neither of those would work.

Also on GParted, the FAT32 recovery partition comes before the windows boot partition, the boot partition is on the far right, is this ok?

Well What I did the other night was to boot into xp console then select repair, then choose you boot drive example C then when you get the command prompt type FIXBOOT first then FIXMBR and restart you PC, you said you tried them but did you do it in that order?.

This happend to me aswell,When i went to the Repair console,It wouldnt let me log in.....

Anywho,I Fixed it with the Vista Fix MBR Program (Very handy),Windows Booted,but when i logged in Everything was mucked up because the Drive letters had changed..........

Back
Top Bottom