Big problem

heaiser

Solid State Member
OK, I've had this problem for some time and haven't been able to figure it out. About a month or two ago I was playing a game on my computer and windows crashed to a blue screen that said it had to dump physical memory (the actual error has been different almost 90% of the time). So first thought to run through my head was RAM. I have 2 sticks of 512mb pc3200 ram, so I ran memtest86 which showed no errors, then I took one stick out and the same problem persisted (I also switched the configuration so both sticks were in the two unused slots on my MB). None of this has had any effect. Also t could be just in my head but I have a feeling it is running a lot louder than it used to... though my lian li case has always been pretty loud.

If anyone needs to know I'm running a p4 on an asus p4c800e MB. I dont know what could be causing this problem, any help is greatly appriciated.

Oh and ps... since the problem has been happening I got a new vid card so it cannot be that. This problem also happens at random times, not just during games. It has happened to me when playing a song in itunes, randomly and during the shutdown process.

so I feel I wasn't terribly clear as to what the problem is. The problem is that my computer is randomly crashing to a memory dump screen. Every time it happens its because of a different error but the most common ones are:

BAD_POOL_CALLER and
MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS

Dont you mean a physical memory dump, any way its your ram, are you sure you have 2x pc 3200 because normaly it would say that with diffrent models like a 2700 and a 3200.

Take 1 of your ram sticks out and then leave it, it should then solve your proplem.

He did say though that he had tried taking a stick out.

Quote: "So I ran memtest86 which showed no errors, then I took one stick out and the same problem persisted (I also switched the configuration so both sticks were in the two unused slots on my MB). None of this has had any effect"

Hmm... I don't know what could be wrong... though to me it does seem like a memory fault...though it can't be both. Have you tried testing the other stick on it's own?

Hope this helps,
*KaGe*

Yeah I have tried both sticks on their own for a while... both end up producing the same problem. Could it be the motherboard?

Hmm... Have you recently formatted windows at all?

That doesn't seem like it could be the major fault though.

I don't really know enough about motherboards to know that these would fail like that, with only the memory slots going funny. You could I guess try the different slots (might be 3 dimms for ram) on the two different ram cards... might work.

If it's all 3, or 2 or whatever, it could be your motherboard, though don't hold me on that :p

*KaGe*

If you can, get a lend of a branded stick of memory, as I'm guessing you are using unbranded. If not, tell the make. Also, this error could be the fault of a lot of things to do with the memory controller.

Just out of curiosity, try lowering the FSB of the CPU and memory to 533MHz, or 400MHz, and see if you still get the same problems. If not, then the memory could perhaps benifit from a bit extra voltage to run stable at PC3200 speeds.

I have reformatted about 3 times since this started happening. I will try to lower the fsb tonight and let it run for a while to see if it still has the problem. I'll get back to you tomorrow. Thanks for all the help guys. Oh and as for the memory, it is unbranded but I can post the link to the same memory I got from newegg if that helps...

Back
Top Bottom