Better Sound Setup

rohan23

Fully Optimized
It all depends on what you are going to do with the speakers. If you're going to be gaming and watching HD movies with surround sound and such, (and are willing to put in the time setting up the speakers in a surround configuration) the 5.1 would be the way to go. Otherwise, the 2.1 setup would be great for music and general use. I have a set of 2.1s and they work fine for listening to music and playing games. Most times though I put on the headphones while gaming.

From the sound of it, you'll gain much more from the 5.1 system. BUT, just to stress what Atomic said, you better be prepared to sit down and set up a legitimate surround sound layout in your room; it would be useless otherwise.

Even if I got the 5.1 speakers, most of them would be in front of my anyway. I'll skip the speakers for a while. Wait for a better deal.

A 5.1 setup would be worthless if you just kept them in front of you. Just go with a 2.1 system. That's really all you need, especially if it's in a small room like mine.

The thing is that I live in a townhouse. So, something really powerful won't be fully used anyway.

I live in a town house and I just bought a new speaker set.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121006

You my think 70 watts of power isn't much, but I have them hooked up to my computer and there AMAZING!
My computer room is about a square room 12 feet by 12 feet and I have my volume nob turned not even past the 50% mark and it's loud.

My set up is more like a center speaker with the two left and right front speakers next to that. Then the back speakers I use as side speakers really.
The sub is under my desk and it's great!

I was also considering the G51 system and this system is all you really need. It's a loud cheap 5.1 channel speaker system with sound quality to rival the pros.

I have the X-230 right now. It gets the job done. I just wanted something to take advantage of my new sound card. I might just go with a 5.1 headset, AFTER I pay my bills.

Back
Top Bottom