which is best OS among Linux:-

1) fedora core 5
2) redhat
3) manrak
4) suse
I am stuck by this. Please help me..

Regards,
Cranium1200

Fedora OSes are pure crap. RedHat was much better than Fedora.

Mandrake is meh...not much of a new OS. SUSE is okay, but I have my peronal hate with YAST package manager.

Mandrake is now Mandriva, Fedora Core is now at version 8, RedHat is gone, and SUSE is now openSUSE 11.0 Alpha at this day.

I'd get something different, like Sabayon, PC Linux OS, Mandriva to the farthest.

yeah, id recommend Ubuntu too (since ive not used any of the ones in your list)

Fedora OSes are pure crap. RedHat was much better than Fedora.
RedHat is gone

You do realize that RedHat used Fedora as their community project, right? As far as I am aware RedHat is gone either. You can still get their Enterprise linux if you want to dish out a pretty penny.

As for which distro to get I would recommend Ubuntu if you are just beginning. Ubuntu has a very easy to understand desktop, plus they have a great forum where you will have answers to your questions within minutes, if not seconds of posting. Also there is a lot of documentation for it if you need to do something.
Check out this link for information on switching from windows to linux. This is from the Ubuntu website, but holds true for all distro:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/S...head-030c451da93958361bc2d26bf21454505d0082da

You do realize that RedHat used Fedora as their community project, right? As far as I am aware RedHat is gone either. You can still get their Enterprise linux if you want to dish out a pretty penny.

As for which distro to get I would recommend Ubuntu if you are just beginning. Ubuntu has a very easy to understand desktop, plus they have a great forum where you will have answers to your questions within minutes, if not seconds of posting. Also there is a lot of documentation for it if you need to do something.
Check out this link for information on switching from windows to linux. This is from the Ubuntu website, but holds true for all distro:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/S...head-030c451da93958361bc2d26bf21454505d0082da
Oh yeah, I do realise it, but they Killed the RedHat environement by having multiple problems with specific hardware. First, the Firefox browser, which is the first browser with it takes forever to open, and it is frosen all the times. Wireless is a pain, because of a poorly written database. Also, they removed an easier package manager.

Back
Top Bottom